The Auckland Meditation Group is part of Self-Realization Fellowship, a worldwide non-profit organisation with international headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
About Self-Realization Fellowship
Paramahansa Yogananda founded Self-Realization Fellowship in 1920 to make available the universal teachings of Kriya Yoga, a sacred spiritual science originating millenniums ago in India.
The society publishes Paramahansa Yogananda’s writings, lectures, and recorded talks; oversees temples, retreats, meditation centres, and the monastic communities of the Self-Realization Order; and guides the work of the Worldwide Prayer Circle, a network of groups and individuals dedicated to praying for those in need of physical, mental, or spiritual aid and for world peace and harmony.
The Spiritual Goals of Self-Realization Fellowship
- To disseminate among the nations a knowledge of definite scientific techniques for attaining direct personal experience of God.
- To teach that the purpose of life is the evolution, through self-effort, of man’s limited mortal consciousness into God Consciousness; and to this end to establish Self-Realization Fellowship temples for God-communion throughout the world, and to encourage the establishment of individual temples of God in the homes and in the hearts of men.
- To reveal the complete harmony and basic oneness of original Christianity as taught by Jesus Christ and original Yoga as taught by Bhagavan Krishna, and show that these principles of truth are the common scientific foundation of all true religions.
- To point out the one divine highway to which all paths of true religious beliefs eventually lead: the highway of daily, scientific devotional meditation on God.
- To liberate man from his threefold suffering: physical disease, mental inharmonies, and spiritual ignorance.
- To encourage ‘plain living and high thinking’; and to spread a spirit of brotherhood among all peoples by teaching the eternal basis of their unity: kinship with God.
- To demonstrate the superiority of mind over body, of soul over mind.
- To overcome evil by good, sorrow by joy, cruelty by kindness, ignorance by wisdom.
- To unite science and religion through realisation of the unity of their underlying principles.
- To advocate cultural and spiritual understanding between East and West, and the exchange of their finest distinctive features.
- To serve mankind as one’s larger Self.
Donations to the Auckland Meditation Group
Your donations are very important to us. They enable us to meet the expenses of our services and to contribute to New Zealand needs of Self-Realization Fellowship work. Donations to the Temple Fund for the building of the temple in Auckland is welcome.
Please get in touch with the Management Council at the Sunday Service or email email@example.com.
For donations by cheque, please make it payable to ‘Auckland Meditation Group of Self-Realization Fellowship Inc.’ and mail it to Auckland Meditation Group, 1202 Huia Road, Huia, Auckland 0604.
Automatic payments and direct bank transfer
Please donate to Auckland Meditation Group of SRF, account 03-0114-0165874-00 and notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations in cash or cheques can also be made personally at our regular services, by donating them at the offertory which is passed on at the end of the Sunday service. All donations are eligible for tax deduction under the Income Tax Act 2007 of New Zealand.